Mapping LinkedIn URL Fields
Created by: Craig Maxwell
Modified on: Sun, 9 Jan, 2022 at 7:26 PM
How to map your Salesforce LinkedIn URL Feilds
You may already have custom LinkedIn URL fields in your Salesforce org on the Lead, Contact and Account objects (if not we'd recommend having your Salesforce administrator create these).
LinkedIn URLs can be used to:
- De-duplicate Salesforce records (for users of Salesbolt's Chrome Extension we use this as a unique identifier that helps to locate a perfect CRM match).
- Quick access to the LinkedIn Profile / Company from within Salesforce
- Program and schedule automatic record updates in Salesforce to identify when your prospects/customers/users in Salesforce Change Company, or Change Job Title - Learn more about Salesbolt Enrich.
Mapping the URLs into Salesbolt couldn't be simpler...
- Install the Salesbolt Chrome Extension (it is 100% free for low volume users/admins) + allows Salesforce admins to control organisation-wide settings, team-based settings and billing.
- Open the Chrome Extension and click on your user avatar (top right corner)
Click on 'Settings' > 'Companywide Settings' > 'LinkedIn URL Field Mapping'
Here you will see the LinkedIn URL Fields corresponding to Leads, Contacts and Accounts respectively.
Simply select the objects above and map the respective LinkedIn URL fields accordingly.
Just created these fields in Salesforce? You may need to log out and back into Salesbolt to force update the picklist values.
***Only Salesforce URL type fields will be shown.***
Additional Notes & Tips:
Both the LinkedIn Company Page URL and the LinkedIn Profile URL are available for mapping.
Most Salesbolt customers choose to map both the Company Page URL and Profile URL to the Lead object with the Salesforce mapping set so that when a Lead is converted in Salesforce, the Company Page URL maps to the Account created upon lead conversion more can be found on this via Salesforce Help.
As always, if you need any further assistance our support team are always on hand to help!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.