Mapping fields from LinkedIn to Salesforce
Created by: Craig Maxwell
Modified on: Sun, 9 Jan, 2022 at 8:03 PM
How to configure Salesforce field mappings in Salesbolt
Note: If you have just created or modified Salesforce Fields, you may need to Refresh Salesbolt's Salesforce Settings before proceeding with the following steps.
Salesbolt gives you full access to search, update Salesforce on any website. Which on selected websites such as LinkedIn and other similar B2B networking sites Salesbolt can be configured to automatically populate certain fields within Salesforce with publicly available, and/or 3rd party data.
You can define which fields in your Salesforce org are populated by following these simple steps:
- Click on the Salesbolt icon in the top right-hand of your Chrome Browser
- Click on the Settings icon at the top of the Salesbolt Chrome Extension
- This will open up the Salesbolt settings page in a new tab
- Under Company-Wide Settings, select Field Mapping
- Select the object, for example, Leads, Contacts or Accounts. and note the 2 sections (LinkedIn Profile Fields) and then below, (LinkedIn Company Fields).
The left-hand column shows the LinkedIn values while the right-hand column shows the currently mapped Salesforce fields.
- Predefined Values, you may also add a custom free text value into any Salesforce field upon creation. You could create a "Predefined Value" and map this to the Salesforce Lead Source field and then set the Predefined value as: "LinkedIn via Salesbolt" for example.
To add a Predefined Value simply click on the Predefined Value button.
You may also delete predefined field mapping by clicking on the corresponding "trash can" icon to the right of the selected field.
Note: Both the LinkedIn Company Page URL and the LinkedIn Profile URL are available for mapping.
Most Salesbolt customers choose to map both the Company Page URL and Profile URL to the Lead object with the Salesforce mapping set so that when a Lead is converted in Salesforce, the Company Page URL maps to the Account created upon lead conversion more can be found on this via Salesforce Help.
- Once you are happy with your configuration, click Save to continue.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.